Warm Weather Rules for Spring Break, According to Discount Travel Purchased at Hotwire
Hotwire reports spring break travel tips and trends that ensure safe, affordable trips
Mar 5, 2002
Florida leads the list of Spring Break travel destinations searched on Hotwire. Phoenix, Los Angeles, Denver and Honolulu round out the top ten. Additionally, searches for international tropical locations have more than doubled for the spring break period.
"Students and families are becoming more adventurous with their spring break plans - and it's never before been this easy to travel on a budget," said Karl Peterson, Hotwire president and CEO. "Published fares may be going up, but for flexible travelers, Hotwire's specially negotiated unpublished deals are the answer for affordable and spontaneous travel."
Great deals on airfare to the most popular Spring Break destinations can still be found at Hotwire. According to searches conducted on Hotwire for Spring Break travel, the top ten Spring Break travel destinations are:
- Orlando, FL
- Tampa, FL
- Phoenix, AZ
- Miami, FL
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Los Angeles, CA
- Denver, CO
- Honolulu, Oahu, HI
- Fort Myers, FL
- Key West, FL
- Cancun, Mexico
- Los Cabos, Mexico
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
- Nassau, Bahamas
- Grand Cayman Island, Bahamas
- Cozumel, Mexico
- Be flexible on departure dates and times. Leaving mid-week can often save money over weekend departures.
- Check alternate airports, as fares can often vary.
- If you are traveling internationally, be sure your passport is up to date and obtain the necessary visas before departure. Remember to bring a copy of your passport with you and store it in a safe location throughout your travels, in case your passport is misplaced.
- Typically ATMs in foreign destinations provide a much better exchange rate than airport centers. Exchange enough cash for a day or two of travel before you go, and use your ATM upon arrival to withdraw necessary funds.
Hotwire launched in October 2000, offering an affordable and easy way for the leisure traveler to purchase airline tickets, hotel rooms and car rentals online from trusted brands. Hotwire currently offers Hot-FaresSM on airline tickets with 33 airlines including founding partners American Airlines, America West, Continental, Northwest, United and U.S. Airways. In addition, Hotwire Hot-Rates are available at top hotels in 150 U.S. cities and resort destinations. Hotwire maintains a consumer focus on low prices, major travel brands and a simple user experience. Hotwire was established in San Francisco, California, with investments from the Texas Pacific Group and founding airline partners. For more information, visit www.hotwire.com.